Thanks to my fellow blogger on Paris, this blog was nominated for a ‘Versatile Blogger Award’.
Thank you, ‘Paris at my doorstep’ for the nomination and for being a pleasure to read. I always get a sense of affirmation that the madness and beauty of Paris are shared – and that momentary pangs of nostalgia for Anglophone things is completely normal — (clck here)
In accordance with the Versatile Blogger Award rules (found here), I would like to nominate other excellent blogs that I’ve enjoyed following:
Lesley Carter’s Bucket List Publications
Claire’s Word by Word Blog
And a couple of blogs in French that I have just begun to enjoy. (The rest of the fabulous French blogs can be found at over-blog.com, a blog platform where I have a French alter ego emerging ):
Another rule of the game is to mention seven random things about myself (I wonder how ‘they’ came up with these numbers):
2. I am a private dancer. Well, not for money as the song goes but I am an avid dancer behind closed doors. The significance of this is that my persona in public is far more rigid and does not conform well to this private practice. haha
3. I received my very first kiss from my spouse on the steps of the ‘Dom’ in Cologne – i.e. its impressive cathedral. Cologne and its cathedral will therefore always have a very special place in my heart and I am sure my partner’s as well!
4. Metro Line 14 is my favourite of Paris’s metro lines (in terms of convenience), it gets you from one end of the city to the other in no time. I always find a way of saving on time by jumping onto it—
5.I have an obsession with candles and incense/scents. Whenever in doubt, a scented candle is always a perfect gift for me.
6. As much as French pastries are impeccable – I constantly crave for a huge slice of German cake. Real black forest cake – it is not that easy to find in Paris.
7. Purple, in all of its shades, is my favourite colour.
Voila! Thanks to Paris at my doorstep for the Versatile Blogger Award nomination.